Use it to learn advanced robotics concepts like inverse kinematics, or use pre-built code to have it march to your bidding. Build it using the high-quality video and picture filled tutorials, and its ready to walk, play and dance with pre-built demos. Adding moves is as easy as opening a text file and following the tutorials, and moves are easily share-able as simple text files".
- - Literally Everything needed to build the kit, even the screwdriver.
- - Ultrasonic distance sensor eyes
- - Acrylic laser-cut pieces in your choice of six colors, with extra pieces
- - 20 Servos (18 for legs, 1 for eyes, 1 extra)
- - Full arduino-based Servotor32 robot controller capable of controlling up to 32 Servos
- - All the screws and nuts you need to assemble the kit, with extras
- - Bluetooth module that plugs straight into the Servotor32 robot controller"
I quite like the idea of this kit, I could see myself spending ages making up all manner of robots, including maybe the elusive mono-rail that I have been fiddling with for five years, but at $250 I would want to compare it very closely to a large box of Lego technic first.
For full details go to http://www.makershed.com/Hexy_the_Hexipod_p/mkab1.htm?Click=37845